A vacuum sealer is actually a machine which seals as well as removes air from especial kinds of plastic bags. These devices are generally used to preserve foods but they have other uses also. But to use this device properly you must have some knowledge about the using techniques and other necessary information about this product. Here we will give you 10 basic tips for using a vacuum sealer successfully.
10 Tips for using a vacuum sealer
- Only vacuum sealing can’t save your food: You must understand that a vacuum sealing will not save your foods from being spoiled. It means you mustn’t Pack raw meats and put it in your closet expecting it will not be spoilt. However, if you put the vacuum sealed meat in the freezer then it will remain fresh and tasty.
- Do not keep liquids in the plastic bag: Vacuum sealer sucks the air from the packet. So if there are liquids in the packet that can also be sucked by the vacuum sealer. This kind of incident precisely is not so good for the machine itself. So what can you do? You must make the liquid elements frozen before giving it to the vacuum sealer. So particularly if there are meats, stews or soups in your packet then before placing the packet before the vacuum sealer you must make the things inside the packet frozen.
- Do not overfill the packet: Overfilling the plastic bag will be a wrong procedure. You must have at least three inches of the empty place at the top of the bag. Especially if you are planning to reseal the bags then you must consider this. Resealing allows you to use the needed amount of product from the bag and then again using it. Just for your information, if you have at least extra 5 inches of extra space then you have the option of resealing the pack 5 times by your vacuum cleaner.
- Use only the compatible plastic bags: It will be wise for you not to make your own plastic bags for the vacuum sealer without taking any help from the experts. Every model of vacuum sealer has its own type of plastic bags. Using other types of plastic bags which are not particularly compatible with vacuum sealer does not give you any guarantee that your sealed foods or other products will not be spoiled.
- Stop residual air: In many cases people forget to maintain the opening of the plastic bag smooth when they give the bags in the vacuum sealer. There is a problem in doing so. In many cases it happens that if the openings of the plastic bags do not remain smooth then even after they are sealed by the vacuum sealer there remains residual air. This air is unwanted air and it can cause harm to the products in the plastic bags especially the foods. So be careful about it.
- Use the option of Re-sealing: In many cases you may be confused whether the seal is safe enough or not. Well, you don’t have to be too much tensed. The solution is simple. If you have any kind of confusion you can reseal the pack. Well you must be thinking about the space problem. Vacuum sealer actually takes a very little space for sealing. You can reseal the plastic bag near about quarter of an inch of the earlier seal. This will surely extinguish your confusion.
- Beware of the sharp edges of the products: It is true that the materials used for making the special plastic bags for vacuum sealer make the bag a strong one but still have the possibility of licking. Be aware of the sharp-edged products like non-food items, dried foods, pasta etc. So what can you do? You can wrap those sharp-edged products by soft materials like paper towels and then you can put them in the plastic bag. By this way you can prevent the puncturing of the plastic bags and thus protect your food from being spoiled.
- Check if the items are prepared or not: You must prepare your vegetables and fruits before packaging. If you are going to freeze the products then you must be sure that you have pre-freeze the products. And if you are planning to store the foods in your closet then you must be sure whether you have properly dehydrated the foods or not.
- Be innovative: It is true that is a great extent the vacuum sealer sucks the air in the plastic bag. But for foods even that cannot give you a 100 percent guarantee of safety. You have to use other processes for getting better results. You can make use of moisture absorbers before giving the products finally to the vacuum sealer. You can also use moisture absorbing or oxygen absorbing packs mostly known as desiccant packs. This will certainly increase the preservation period of the foods.
- Take care of the machine and the machine will take care of you: Taking care of the vacuum sealer is very important. But unfortunately many people forget to take proper care of the machine. The working condition must be good. You must store the machine properly after every time you use it and clean it properly according to the guidelines of the user manual. This guarantees you that you will get the maximum service from the machine.
These 10 tips are just some of the basic tips for using a vacuum sealer. There are many other ways to use the vacuum sealer properly and making the 100 percent use of this machine. But these 10 tips will help you to be innovative surely and also make you aware of the basic knowledge of vacuum sealer. In fact the best knowledge about this product will come to you when you use this product in your day to day life. And also this is the practical use of this product that will make you innovative about its better use.